Organizing Authority: Cohasset Yacht Club NOTICE OF RACE:
- The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS).
- For the purposes of the definition of rule, the class rules shall be the rules of the Club-420 class.
- The following rules will be changed: rule 40 and A2. These changes will appear in full in the Sailing Instructions.
- By participating in this regatta, a competitor (and each parent/guardian if the competitor is under 18) grants to the organizing authority the right in perpetuity to make, use, and show any photographs, motion pictures, and live, taped, or filmed television and other reproductions of him or her during the period of the competition without compensation.
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
Invitation for participation will be distributed by the organizing authority.
BOATS AND EQUIPMENT
- Boat class Club-420 with crew of two including helmsman, will be used.
- Competitors are required to bring their own boats by sea, unless other arrangements are made.
- All boats shall be in compliance with class rules and specifications, of which each competitor will be responsible for ensuring.
The entry fee is $50 per sailor. The entry will cover a post-regatta cookout hosted at the Cohasset Yacht Club, trophies and prizes, and a regatta hat for each competitor.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Gather at designated race area – 12:30 pm
Racing Begins – 1:00 pm
Final Warning Signal – Will not 0ccur after 3:30 pm
The Sailing Instructions (SIs) will be provided to invited competitors along with this NOR.
The Low Point scoring system, RRS Appendix A, will apply, modified so that there will be no score drop.
A US Coast Guard approved personal flotation device shall be worn and properly fastened at all times while launching and while sailing, except briefly when adding or removing clothing. Each competitor is urged to have a whistle attached to their PFD. Failure to comply with this rule will result in disqualification. A boat retiring from a race shall notify a Race Committee vessel before leaving the course.
Trophies will be awarded to competitors placing in the top 3 of all competitors. Additionally, the winning skipper and crew will have their names engraved upon a perpetual trophy to be housed at the Cohasset Yacht Club.
CYC Junior Activities Co-Chairs:
Traci Bernier – firstname.lastname@example.org & Stacy Sturdy – email@example.com
CYC Head Instructors & Head Race Coach:
Colleen McGowan – firstname.lastname@example.org
Bennet Tierney – email@example.com
Matt Dickey – firstname.lastname@example.org
Regatta Co-Chair: Marci Comeau – email@example.com
Disclaimer of Liability
Sailing is an activity that has an inherent risk of damage and injury. Competitors in this event are participating entirely at their own risk. See RRS 4, Decision to Race. The race organizers (organizing authority, race committee, protest committee, host club, sponsors, or any other organization or official) will not be responsible for damage to any boat or other property or the injury to any competitor, including death, sustained as a result of participation in this event. By participating in this event, each competitor agrees to release the race organizers from any and all liability associated with such competitor’s participation in this event to the fullest extent permitted by law.